blog header

blog header

Friday 3 March 2017

Getting ready for Oakbound on tour


I was rather proud last night as I plugged in my freshly wired display cabinet for the first time, and it all lit up with no hitches at all. Now I've just got to make all the wiring secure... I hate electronics.

This is the latest addition to my event furniture and replaces the rather dodgy modified banner stand some of you may have seen at Dragonmeet last year. Not only is this more sturdy, eye catching and a safe place to put painted models but it also packs down easily for transport in the car and takes literally seconds to assemble on site. I built it from plywood, laser cut the acrylic signage and gave the whole thing a stain with 'Victorian Mahogany' and liberal coat of lacquer to ensure some degree of protection when travelling. The lights are LED strip wired in parallel to a rechargeable golf cart battery, which will hopefully give me 8 hours of life- enough to last most shows.

So where can you see this beauty you ask? Well the Oakbound calendar is filling out for this year, starting in a few weeks time. So far we have confirmed:

WMMS Birmingham, 12th March
HorrorCon Trowbridge, 22nd April
Concord Bristol, 29-30th April
Legionary Exeter, 13th May
Easton Arts Trail Bristol, 3-4th June
IPMS Thornbury, 13th August
Blast-tastic Bristol, 7th October
Crusade Penarth, 27th January 2018

Also hoping to be in attendance at
Reveille Bristol, 26th November
Cavalier Tunbridge Wells, February 2018
Beachhead Bournemouth, February 2018

If you have a favourite local show I would love to hear from you so I can book in more events. Obviously travelling abroad is difficult (but not yet impossible for Europe) so mainly UK dates and venues.

We will, of course, also have one of our pretty tables with us:

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's