blog header

blog header

Friday 23 September 2022

Barbaric reinforcements


September is the usual kick-off time for new year-long army projects after the lull of summer and passing of BOYL. However I have so many odd bits and pieces to add to existing armies I had already decided that 2022-23 should be the year of 'finishing' (such as is ever possible) those forces. I am approaching a significant birthday and am feeling a bit of pressure to get things I want to do done before my eyesight fails completely, then I can just enjoy playing with them knowing the figures are painted as well as I possibly could. Imagine my delight therefore when Dave of Snickit's Tail  announced that this year's challenge was going to be odds and sods, perfect! The rules are no two concurrent months can be from the same army (can definitely manage that) and each will have a theme. This month's is 'Rank and File' so I have used it as an excuse to get some barbarians added to my barbarian horde. 

Ral Partha Europe Savage Skirmishers from their Barbarian Clans.



Chronopia Maidens of the Blade and a shaman from Alternative Armies that was a free giveaway last year... or was it the year before?

More RPE Barbarians


The month's entry complete. 15 barbarians to join the throng of the Horny King.
 


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. Look good ^_^ I was looking at them first two RPE archers and wondering if it was a custom edit or official 'alternative' version.. and I must say, I had to check, and they are alternatives on the same figure. But they do work really well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, there are quite a few re-used bodies and heads in the range. Quite normal to produce 'variants' to expand a range quickly.

      Delete
    2. yeah, No problem with that. trying to resculpt the same thing over and over would be a pain anyway, and slight differences can be good to bulk out a range, Plus helps keep some costs down a bit ^_^

      Delete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's