blog header

blog header

Monday 12 February 2024

Cult of the Leering Lune months 6 and 7

 

Crazy to think we're halfway through the Tale of Fourth Gamers challenge, but we are. I counted up my painted gobbos and my remaining gobbos and I am pretty much exactly halfway. You may have noticed I didn't do a blog post last month, that's because all I managed ("all") was the dude above. He's now been joined by February's unit though so it seemed worth posting. 


Here's the next bunch of grots. I tried to nod a bit more to the 'conventional' Night Goblin scheme with the black and yellow on this one.

Some more Goblin Hood and Harlequin figures filling out the unit. Not my favourite to paint as has already been said but there are some fun chappies in there. I particularly like the sneaky cloak and dagger chap and a drunk gobbo in a barrel is always fun.

Most of this unit are the more recent BTD Nightlings. On the Kickstarter for the production of these it says they were sculpted by Kev Adams and Kev White. Looking at the pictures on the BTD site I thought they looked very Kev Adams but as I was painting I have revised my view and now think they are mostly Kev White with just a couple of Kev Adams sculpts lurking in there. Never mind, their cheeky grins and big hoods give them a good aesthetic fit if they are a bit on the large side.


Can you spot the Goblinmaster head? I think out of these the only Kev Adams sculpt is the chap second from right. I'm not sure about the one on the right end as most of his head is covered by the spear but I don't think he is. The one on the very left is another possible but there's something in the proportion of cheekbones to chin that makes me think not.


The command group is genuine Night Goblins, except for the older gobbo who has donned his hood and joined the party. With the taller Nightlings surrounding him he gets away with it, just looking a little lanky. I've used my second swearing goblin as a standard bearer since he has such gravitas, and look! The other musician, finally tracked one down. :)

Of course, being a Night Goblin unit, there are Fanatics. This time some of the older grinning loons.

Then there's the January submission. He's counting as a Shaman Lord on Hydra since his steed is tough, armoured and with a squig and retinue of snotlings aboard has many heads! But can't fly... This is the second RAFM war tortoise in my armies, my halflings also having a pet to carry their flour and apples around. 

The snotlings are tasked with keeping the shaman's pet squig entertained... and placated. This is achieved through a mixture of insults, bonks on the head and the occasional meal of grot. On the other side is a late addition, a gobbo who has fallen or perhaps taken a dive to avoid being lunch. I have no idea what this figure is but saw it on a second hand stand at a show in December and thought I had to fit him on. Anyone know what it's actually supposed to be or is from?


For those who care: That's 175 points of mobs, 512 points of bosses (with the hydra) taking the total so far to 1443.5 points of mobs, 1262 points of characters and 86 points of war machines for a total of 2791.5 points. This 2 month's worth of submissions is 41.45 leaving me 15.75 surplus for use in coming months.





Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. nice. Do I spy a Fantasy regiment 'era' (as it was probably released outside) Goblin shield on that banner? Got a few of my Skaven with them.. cause why not? they are meant to pick up alot of stuff from the battlefields to use after all.

    Oh and got a nice package today ^_^ hope I can put it to good use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find it useful. Yes, I think that's where that shield is from. Random dig from my bitz box.

      Delete
  2. The way you approach this whole project is fantastic. The palette, the whole way they look... Truly awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work all around! What material did you use to make the banners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cotton printed using the freezer paper method through a photocopier

      Delete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's