blog header

blog header

Sunday 20 October 2024

Hooves of the Empire


I decided my infantry-heavy Empire force needed a little mounted support, and as their commanders were already mounted it seemed appropriate to give them some forces to lead.


First up are these Bicorn (I think?) Cuirassiers which make lovely Pistoliers. I was deliberating giving them bigger plumes, but I figure these guys aren't all that showy and the subtler feathers they already had looked in-keeping. Blackened armour and red/yellow striped sashes to tie in with their leader King Charlie.




Next up, Oliver Cromwell in his natural state- riding a unicorn and surrounded by armoured centaurs! I wasn't originally going to do these Ral Partha figures for the Empire force, but after doing the Pistoliers I thought the armour style would tie in quite well with that renaissance/medieval crossover. The romanesque/punky crests match those on my Fae Martial miniatures I am using for hard-hitting halberdiers so I think they fit in nicely, if a little on the small side for shock cavalry. I thought I had somehow missed one of my favourites of my various family coats of arms (Harris, three gold hedgehogs!) from the army so gave it to these guys. Then realised I had already included it, so oh well, it's not in there twice. Never enough golden hedgehogs. 



 


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Those pistoliers look pretty sharp. I ended up with some of the later edition sculpts and the horses are disconcertingly beefy. I'd much rather have something more in scale with the 4th edition stuff that is most of my army.

    ReplyDelete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's