blog header

blog header

Tuesday 26 August 2014

Hobgoblins of the mines and Goblinks of the air!

The Oakbound Kickstarter rolls on apace! With a third of the campaign left to go we've cleared 90%, so if you were holding out in case it didn't make it never fear, your pledges will ensure that it does. In the meantime I've been ensuring that there are figures ready to come out at the end of it. The last 5 sit upon my workbench; 2 completed, 2 nearly there and one ready for his extremities!


Once they're done I can start on the next fun project... yes Chico, and your Dorfs! ;) I've been searching for weeks for a goblin crew to fly my airship in the Oldhammer Ahoy battles next year and have come up with nothing remotely suitable. I want a pilot/biggles/dieselpunk kinda feel harking back to the wonderful "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines". And so, after lazing around on a wet morning in bed watching aforementioned film, here are my concepts for the Goblink Airborne Balloonists.

 
 

They are lead by the Commandant (there is nothing a Goblink Officer cannot do!) with the obligatory Pickelhaube for embarrassing popping moments. To patch up said embarrassing moments are the Patchers with their sewing kits. Forward (or occasionally backward) momentum is provided by Rotors whilst altitude is controlled by the unfortunate Dropper. Best not go into too much detail about how these goblins lighten their load... suffice to say the Commandant has a large meal before each flight!
 
When my new batch of Kneadatite gets here I should be ready to start on these intrepid airmen, um Goblinks!

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's