blog header

blog header

Sunday 4 January 2015

New Year-amunda 2015

Happy new year everyone!

I apologise that I have been somewhat absent over the last few weeks. I've been busy with Christmas, writing essays, getting engaged, visiting friends who've broken up, being ill and playing necromunda! So the good, the bad and the downright scummy. Now the festivities are dying down there's a definite to-do list... Tripods! needs the FAQs releasing, the rules redrafting, the expansions playtesting ahead of a kickstarter with triple ace games later in the year. Factious Waste undergoes further playtesting and the search for artists begins. The Woods miniatures need sorting, entailing a phone call to Griffin moulds to see what the situation is there, photos to Andrea miniatures to get quotes from them and a set of masters to send to 4D Modelshop to get their prices on casting. There's a lot to sort out on the boat, and I did take a video before Christmas which I was hoping to post up over the holidays but haven't got round to it yet. Plus, of course, there's a wedding to plan! :)

So in the meantime, here are some taster shots of our annual Necromunda bash. The gangs got more advanced this time, and I hope it won't be a year before they come out again. There's a chance I could join in another local campaign, but that would mean dropping back to starting status again, just as my gang starts to take on character (suitable numbers of head wounds making for some psycho juves! And the BS6 Heavy's not something I'm keen to lose either!) so we'll see. For now, some shots of last week:


The Duct's End Militia, a division of the Necromundan 8th, the Spiders, modelled on the Colonial Marines from Aliens... and awaiting a similar fate in the tunnels beneath Duct's End.


The New Merciful Sisterhood of the Nephilim. My own Goth/Punk Escher gang. The Nurse couldn't hit the broad side of a barn last year, this campaign she's well 'ard with a BS of 6! They've been joined by Anja, Moonchild and Curt Vile, shotgunners and a sword-maniac juve.

 
The Sisterhood have a run in with the militia


Part of the harbourside at Duct's End


The Emperor's Reeves turn up to cause trouble


Night falls over Duct's End



More of Pete's lovely paintwork

 
Yes, that IS a tiger rat skin!

 
The Redemptionists plough in with their buzzing weaponry... and flames!





The Tanks Girls arrive rather late to the party, but still managed to prove themselves vicious underdogs!





Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting engaged mate, time to make a honest women of you ;). Heres to you having a great 2015 business, personal & Hobby wise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this event, it was great fun. :)

    That Void model with the cigar in the bottom-most picture is one of my favourite models ever, I just dug out my one yesterday and was thinking that a new coat of paint might be required!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great isn't it? Really nice range, great fun to paint, and best of all only took about seven hours to do the lot!

      Delete
  3. 4D model shop is the local shop I go into to replace my pinning wire and drill bits - I hadn't realised they actually did casting!

    All these photos are making me seriously want to get back into Necromunda - I loved it back when it first came out. But so many projects, so little time!

    ReplyDelete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's