blog header

blog header

Sunday 2 October 2016

Stripping the bonies... oo er!


Well, the horde have had their nice Dettol bath. Not quite got everything off, but if there's any army ragged strips of paint hanging from the models isn't a bad thing it's with the undead! Not that many additions to the horde, 15 more plastic citadel skellies (more modern ones but they'll fit in ok), 3 cool 80s citadel skeletons, 2 4th ed undead cavalry, a 4th ed skelly command group and the black knight/mounted wight lord from Circle of Blood. The wight lord I've wanted since he came out, he's brilliant. Does anyone know if his horse is a recasting of a previous Citadel one?

The astute among you may also spot a black coach in there. Not sure what I was thinking, the black coach is possibly the worst kit GW have ever made. I mean, really? A coffin-shaped hearse? It's not even well-executed. It re-uses the yolk from Arkhan the black, plastic cart/cannon wheels and the back of the coach is just open with no details whatsoever. Utterly crap. So I guess I have set myself a challenge to actually make it look half-decent. Since I have no vampires in the army and am not planning to I will also need to find a new use for it...

Added extras to the previous tally,
Budget spent so far: £144.33
Price per model so far (cavalry counts as 2 models, chariot as 3): £1.20- not including the Black Coach.

I also got a nice surprise on Friday as my Twisting Catacombs furniture finally turned up. I forgot I'd ordered a revenant/wraith with a scythe so he's going into the army, gonna look great. I've also found my Attack at Weathertop Ringwraiths which will make beautiful wraith figures. None of these are included in the above.

The guys below I would still like to add to the army. Iron Claw horses, Citadel skellies, skelly horses and a liche. If anyone can help let me know. :)


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

  1. See when the Black Coach was first released I thought it was so cool but I have never owned one as I hate painting/putting together large figures/kits. Oh btw are you having/using any of the RPE Undead Ogres? I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a hard assemble, but I can imagine being metal it is prone to falling apart again. I remember the hell of trying to put Nagash together1 I'm hopefully getting a RPE order later this month, but not getting their ogres yet. They are gloriously Oldhammer and very suited to a chaos undead army but I'm not quite ready. Maybe in the next wave!

      Delete
    2. While talking Ogres did you see the Undead Ogre on the Sculpting group? Very tasty indeed.

      Delete
  2. Haven't built one yet but have bits of a couple in my pile. One of them has been partially converted to a prisoner transport a sort of undead black maria with brass wire bars, interesting option. Could be used in a Warhammer version of a "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"?

    Looking forward to see this develop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's