blog header

blog header

Friday 1 July 2022

La Maisonmort

 


Finishing my undead army is one of the many challenges I have set myself over the next year. It's basically there, but once I start picking up the units again I reckon I will discover a whole lot of places I put down the models, walked away from the brush and now need to summon stamina to start work again. So... this month having been the #JusticeForGary Gary Morley challenge I thought I should do some undead and get the mojo back. The plan is to finish the army as a Deadcember entry this year but since there's likely to be more there than I think I may need to start earlier. 

These were bought especially and painted from scratch (having been stripped first) so they don't count towards reducing the workload, but they have got me realising it's not going to be quite as labour intensive as I feared to add all the yellow and black chequers to my 'Dead Monks of La Maisontaal' unit. Maybe that will get picked up again sooner rather than later. The army is themed around Kemler who, having decimated the monastery of La Maisontaal and seized the Black Arc, has reinforced his legions with the monks killed during the fight. The iconography of Taal has been eliminated (hence the torn banner) and replaced by the Lichmaster's grim gothic.

It was a real struggle to finish these, not because of the sculpts or patterning but simply because this month has been mad. No sign of things easing up either, must remember the hobby is there to keep me sane not to add extra pressure to meet deadlines!


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I know of Gary Morley's work but.. not someone who off the top of my head and I really think of many sculpts by him that I have.. It's interesting but when I decide to check up on some figures (like my Silver Helms I used in my very slow going chess set project), They turn out to be Jes Goodwin for most of the citadel stuff I have.. which.. well.. Mostly my Citadel stuff is skaven, very few undead, some elves and various bits from Battle Masters & Hero Quest etc..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tell Gary but Jes is definitely my favourite sculptor.

      Delete

Fimm McCool's

Fimm McCool's